DIY Pom Pom Christmas Wreath – Budget Friendly

Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love listening to Christmas carols, watching frosty the snow man with my kids, drinking hot chocolate, decorating the Christmas tree, creating a ginger bread house, and so many more traditions.

This year I decided I wanted to make a Christmas wreath out of pom poms. It’s super cute, super simple, and just a fun project to do alone or with family. I actually decided I would do this with my son. He LOVED making the wreath and asked if he could keep it for himself, which I agreed to.

This is a budget friendly decorative piece that you can add to your home but still very beautiful. I love how bright and vibrant the colors are. However, you can choose whatever colors you want to make this wreath. I chose green and red because those are the colors I have used to decorate my home.

If you’re interested in finding out how to may your own Christmas wreath out of pom poms please continue to read below for the materials and instructions.

Materials:

1 wreath foam

Yarn (1 red ball and 1 green ball)

Scissors

Glue gun

Glue sticks

Pom Pom Maker

Instructions:

Create 20 Pom Poms with the Pom Pom maker (10 red and 10 green).

Use the glue gun to add a little glue to the wreath.

Press one Pom Pom onto the glue firmly to get it to stick in place.

Continue to add glue and add Pom Poms to the wreath foam by alternating colors until the foam is fully covered.

VIDEO TUTORIAL

Advertisements

82 thoughts on “DIY Pom Pom Christmas Wreath – Budget Friendly

1. This is amazing..I love it, so pretty, something you can do with your family and it’s very creative… Keep up the great work 😊

1. Thank you!! It was super easy too 😊

Liked by 1 person

2. This is such a cute DIY wreath! I love doing fun and easy DIY crafts with my daughter so this would be really fun to do together and add to out decor.

1. Thank you! My son and I had fun making it

3. This is such a lovely creation, easy to make too. It is such a joy reading all the Christmas related posts today.

Liked by 1 person

4. Wow…this is amazing. You are very creative. I would like to make one of heart shaped and gift to my hubby. Thanks for the post.

1. That would be very cute! You should try it

5. This is a super cute craft idea that looks like it would actually be easy to do!

Liked by 1 person

6. Amazing and cute DIY you got there for yourselves. This looks too easy. And it also looks like, you are all set for Christmas. So Merry Christmas to you in advance.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you and Merry Christmas to you !

7. Cute wreath! I am not crafty at all but love to learn about it!

1. It’s super easy. I’m sure anyone can do this. Thanks for commenting

8. Simple crafts like this are always the best. The kids always have such a good time putting them together and are proud with their creation because they can typically do it all on their own.

9. Very nice wreath!

Liked by 1 person

10. This is such a cute, clean and simple idea! It would be fun to make with my daughter.

Liked by 1 person

11. What a great idea! I need to make one with my daughter. She loves to craft. I love how yours came out.

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes you should. She would love this!

12. This is such a fun idea for a wreath. I bet my kids would love to make something like this.

1. Thank you! I think they will have fun doing it

13. This wreath turned out so cute. I love how simple it is too. Totally doing this with my kiddos!

1. Thank you love! I hope you do try it

14. natalielovesbeauty December 4, 2018 — 5:15 pm

This is adorable and I love how simple this wreath is to make. Always love a cheap DIY!

Liked by 1 person

15. This is adorable and seems easy enough to make for even myself.

Liked by 1 person

16. What a fun DIY! I really like this idea. It turns out very pretty. Thanks for sharing the DIY tips.

Liked by 1 person

17. This is so cute!! You explain it so well that I feel like I could make one too!

Liked by 1 person

18. This is such a cute Christmas DIY idea. It’s great because the students can customize their own colors and it’s inexpensive. Love it.

Liked by 1 person

19. This is pretty neat. I definitely need to show this to my wife. She is the arts and crafts person in our family and she may want to do this as a art project with my daughter.

20. Summer Mitch Ryan December 5, 2018 — 2:05 am

I admire anything on a budget. It takes a lot of resourcefulness to create something on a budget.

21. Beautiful Mind Blog December 5, 2018 — 2:24 am

This looks so fun to make! I am going to make this for my neighbor friend. She doesn’t ever put up decorations so maybe she will put it up if I make it!

22. Love the wreath and video tutorial!!!

23. learningtobefreebriana December 5, 2018 — 3:09 am

This is so cute! I love simple crafts like this. I’m going to see if my sister would like to make some with me. Happy Holidays!

24. blair villanueva December 5, 2018 — 3:25 am

This is awesome idea and a great way to recycle used yarn too! Using this pompom you can make a keychain as well

Liked by 1 person

25. I can’t get over the color combination — it’s so festive. I like the pom pom idea.

Liked by 1 person

26. Wow! What a clever idea. And I really love to do this with my little one. I love it ♥

Liked by 1 person

27. Poms are my fave. This turned out so very cute for the holiday!

28. This is a fantastic idea! I see if my young child would love to make this for our home.

29. I always love to read more ways to decorate home for christmas and in this article I found pom pom christmas wreath which is looking amazing and creative. Will definitely going to try this for sure

Liked by 1 person

30. This is so cute! The kids would love to make something like this as a group project over the Christmas break

31. successunscrambled December 5, 2018 — 10:29 am

This is such a great DIY idea for Christmas decorations. It also doubles as a great family bonding exercise.

Liked by 1 person

32. I LOVE this!!!! Especially the video, I love tutorials with videos, it’s so much easier to learn. I think I’m going to do it, thanks for sharing!!

Liked by 1 person

33. Ok this one looks easier I can try. And beautiful too.

Liked by 1 person

34. I love how simple and clean this project is. It would be so fun to make by the fire with Christmas music playing in the background. Only thing I would do differently is add some spray glitter. I just love glitter at the holidays lol

1. Great idea!! I love it. Thanks for the tip

35. this is too cute! I wanted to do a little activity with my son and I think I will do this! quick and easy to follow instructions.

36. Neil Alvin Nicerio December 6, 2018 — 12:13 am

Thanks for this DIY project. I will do this with my daughter this weekend.

37. This is so pretty and looks easy enough to make! Can’t wait to make one with my son!

Liked by 1 person

38. What a great project to enjoy with children. I love real/natural materials though.

39. Erika van 't Veld December 6, 2018 — 3:04 am

This is a very cute idea, and something that sounds kid-friendly too! I love new ideas about Christmas traditions, I’ll have to keep this in mind for an Arts & Crafts idea!

40. What a great idea. It’s cheap, simple, and looks adorable. Also would be great to make a few extra and give as gifts!

41. Ohh this is so cool! Indeed a great idea and of course a cheap choice to have some Christmas decoration for the Holiday season.

42. Francisca Garreton December 6, 2018 — 10:07 am

My girls love doing pom poms and I have never tried doing a crown for our door! What a great idea! This will keep us busy for a few afternoons!

43. That is so creative. I would not have thought this in a million years.The idea of Pom Pom Christmas wreath is unique and great. Thank you for sharing

44. Nice, not that complicated which is a good thing for those who rush……

45. Nice wreath. Looks great hung on the door. Very welcoming.

1. I agree. And you can add more colors make it more festive! It is nice having a fluffy items during holidays.

Liked by 1 person

46. What a cute wreath. I really like the idea of the pom poms, would love to make this.

Liked by 1 person

47. These pom poms are looks so cute. There is a lot of yarn in my home that is not useful for anything else. Now I use that to make this pom pom door decoration.

Liked by 1 person

48. I always wanted to make one of these. If I have time over the next few weeks, I will try to make one!

Liked by 1 person

49. This is such a cute DIY!

Liked by 1 person

50. It looks easy to do! I like this simple but lovely wreath. My niece would love this.