Super Cheap and EASY DIY Christmas Ornament Wreath!!

20181209_1500196743587710352375906.jpg

I absolutely love Christmas decorations and it’s even more fun when I get to create them myself. I love finding inexpensive, fun, yet cute things I can do to spruce up my home even more.

I recently let my oldest son help me create a Pom Pom Christmas wreath, which he absolutely loved and wanted to put on his bedroom door. Of course my youngest two, begged to have a wreath done for their door. So I decided I would make another Christmas wreath, but this time using Christmas ornaments from the DOLLAR TREE.

I LOVE budget friendly projects especially when Christmas wreath’s can be 25 to 30 dollars when purchasing them from other stores. This wreath cost me less than 10 dollars if you already have a glue gun, which I was very happy about.

If you’re interested in learning how you can make your own Christmas wreath out of ornaments. Please read below. I also included a video tutorial for those who learn better visually.

MATERIALS

1 Christmas Foam Wreath

Approximately 30 Christmas Ornaments (purchased from dollar tree)

Glue gun with glue sticks

1 Christmas Bow (purchased from dollar tree)

INSTRUCTIONS

Use you hot glue gun to glue each ornament on to the wreath. You can glue the ornaments on top, on the sides, and inside of the wreath. (Make sure you leave an opening for the bow).

After all the ornaments are on, glue the bow in the opening you left for it.

VERY SIMPLE AND EASY. If you would like to see a video. Click below πŸ™‚

VIDEO TUTORIAL

Advertisements

82 thoughts on “Super Cheap and EASY DIY Christmas Ornament Wreath!!

1. Red gold and green are my top favorite colors for Xmas😍 it’s indeed a very easy and inexpensive diy. Thank you.

1. I love those colors too!! So pretty. Thanks for reading

2. I love how this came out. So pretty! I need to make one with my daughter. She loves to craft.

3. That is an awesome looking wreath and does not even look like a DIY job. Great job.

Liked by 1 person

4. Wow! Such a great idea! I love that most of the items can be found at the dollar store! Budget friendly crafts are the best!

Liked by 1 person

5. This DIY Wreath looks super cute and so easy to replicate! I am going to have to make this very soon, I know my kids would love it.

6. HI. We just love Christmas and Christmas decoration. Great and cheap idia you give here, it really looks good!

Liked by 1 person

7. I love cute wreaths like this. I am a sucker for finding DIY projects to save money. This one is super cute and festive though.

8. This looks great! Thanks for posting a video as well!

Liked by 1 person

9. hey its nice I tumbled into you! I was looking for a way to make one like this!

Liked by 1 person

1. Awesome!! My only recommendation is to add more balls into the center of the wreath to cover the foam or other decorative items. Thanks for commenting

10. how lovely is this xmas dΓ©cor! I love the various color and it is quite modern as well compare to your traditional wreath!

11. This is definitely a great idea on using cheap decorations to create a beautiful centerpiece for your door or even table. I like the color scheme, it makes it so elegant. And it seems so easy to make!

Liked by 1 person

12. Its amazing how many beautiful things can come out of Dollar Store finds. I often forget to check there first for supplies and end up overpaying.
    Thanks for the reminder, and nice job on the wreath!!

13. It is amazing what you can find at the dollar store. I need to take a trip to the dollar store to find the items to make this.

1. Yes! Dollar tree always have things that you can make something out of for very cheap

14. This wreath is so pretty! I have seen quite a few DIY but never attempted one myself! I’d love too though as I love a good DIY!

Liked by 1 person

15. Wreaths are crazy expensive, which is why I haven’t bought one in years. I need something new though, so I’m going to try this out!! I have tons of extra ornaments, so this will be a perfect project!! I’m so excited πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

16. OMG- what a simple and brilliant idea. My craft skills are challenged, but I should be able to pull this off!

Liked by 1 person

17. I made a wreath a few years ago and it was a fun little project! I like this idea.

Liked by 1 person

18. I made a wreath a few years back and soooo enjoyed it! I love this idea.

19. Jessica Lyles, LMSW December 10, 2018 — 8:56 pm

I always wondered how people designed these and your instructions seem so simple! They are gorgeous arrangements and I cannot wait to try it out! Thanks for sharing this!

Liked by 1 person

20. Wow! Thats a very beautiful wrath, can’t believe its a DIY. Great post, thanks for sharing!

Liked by 1 person

21. Live this idea! Super cute! Something I can definitely do myself!

22. Knitted decorations look amazing! Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

23. I love Christmas crafts as well. They are so special when you make them yourself. This looks so easy and fun to make.

24. Erika van 't Veld December 11, 2018 — 5:27 am

That’s definitely one of the more beautiful wreaths I’ve seen this holiday season! And it seems so easy to make too, I’ll have to see if there are any ornaments I like in order to make this πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

25. Beautiful idea and so easy to put together. Love all the bright and shiny colors!

Liked by 1 person

26. I love doing DIY, thanks for this idea. Will definitely try this!

Liked by 1 person

27. I always tell myself I will do more crafts during Christmas but there never seems to be enough time. Would you recommend doing it earlier?

1. Definitely do earlier but this really only takes 10 minutes to do

28. Such a great post, I love DIY project and this is very timely for the coming season. Thank you for sharing this very detail handcraft step by step guide.

29. This looks great but I’m not personally a fan of using the foam as the base. Sometimes it stands out a little bit too much and looks odd. I have switched to using wire as the base and it looks so much more natural because it blends in with the decorations more.

1. Thanks! I should have added ornaments to the center. Will try the wire base next time. They also have those at Dollar tree

30. I have been looking for a wreath! This DIY one looks easy enough to try and very beautiful.

Liked by 1 person

31. Loved your wreath looks lovely. Very colourful and bright. We generally make wreaths with green crepe paper.

Liked by 1 person

32. This ornament wreath is so adorable. I love how simple this is to make and how great it turned out!

Liked by 1 person

33. I love this! I have a red pool noodle hanging around somewhere that might even make the project less expensive! Thanks for the idea.

34. Alayna Frankenberry December 11, 2018 — 7:14 pm

Perfect for the old ornaments I have lying around! Do you think you could wrap ribbon around the base too?

Liked by 1 person

1. My husband suggested that. Great minds think alike!

35. Both of you are creative. I have been looking for ways to spend less for this season. And I guess, diy decors will be on top of my list.

Liked by 1 person

36. Simple yet beautiful! I love how this handmade and easy to make!

Liked by 1 person

37. I’ve always wanted to make a Christmas wreath and I really appreciate how detailed these instructions are! The colors and materials are really cute!

38. That looks so budget friendly, nice one. I love Christmas wreath to. Just a little creativity would make my doors extra special.

39. Vanessa Mota-Rosado December 12, 2018 — 3:47 am

This is so cute and looks super easy to make. My daughter would have so much fun making it.

40. This is such a pretty wreath! I have a lot of leftover ornaments that would be perfect for this project.

41. Wow..what a cute looking christmas wreath. I love all these colors. You are so creative.

42. Oh my goodness I love it. This would be so fun to make with my mom and sisters. Thanks for all the great info!

43. This would be such a great thing to make with children! πŸ™‚

44. Super love the idea of a DIY decoration wreathe, so so cool! And it is not difficult to make, amazing!

Chad

45. It looks so cute ! It looks like so much fun to make too! Gotta try it out

46. marta_the_traveler December 13, 2018 — 8:58 pm

Wow, it seems so great! Your guide is really nice, but I am happy you’ve added YT tutorial as well 😁

47. Wow, those Christmas wreaths are so nice. I was actually wondering how to make mine for Christmas. You gave a great idea.

Liked by 1 person

48. I have always wanted to try to make one!

49. I love seeing trying new diy christmas crafts! Especially when all supplies can be found at the dollar store!

50. Rachael Eberhardt December 14, 2018 — 6:47 am

Those wreaths are so beautiful. I gotta try putting one on my door for this Christmas.