I decided for Christmas I would do several DIY decor projects that were easy and budget friendly. I wanted some throw pillows for my couch and managed to make pillows for less than 5 dollars and without having to sew anything together.
I think that throw pillows really enhance or accentuate a sofa or love seat so I was very pleased that I was able to make my own and stay within budget. With the holidays approaching it’s nice to buy inexpensive things as much as I can instead of constantly breaking the bank.
If you’re interested in learning how I made these beautiful throw pillows please read the directions below. There is also a video tutorial linked down below if you prefer video instead.
2 dollar tree Christmas Mats
1 Pillow from Walmart (2 dollars), You can use the one pillow to make 4 or 5 pillows.
Hot glue gun
- Line up the 2 place mats.
- Glue all three sides of one place mat to the next place mat. Leave one side open so we can add in the cotton.
- Cut open the Walmart pillow
- Add the cotton from that pillow into the 2 place mats.
- Glue the last side of the place mats together.
- EXCELLENT WORK!!! YOU ARE DONE.